Monday, March 21, 2011

Night Owl

 I have never considered myself a “night owl” nor would I say I am an “early bird”.  I think I’m happily in the middle, on the fence with a perfect balance. I like to think I adapt well given whatever situation at hand.  However to spite my best efforts this week, my sleep schedule has been so wonky and off it’s ridiculous and that is all because Ty doesn’t know how to let me sleep!  Every night this week, Ty has come home stupid late from either working his peddicab or his “mid-night ride” and deliberately woken me up. I have been completely knocked out asleep until he saunters in the house loud, full of stories and slightly obnoxious.  Bam! I’m awake for the next two maybe three hours, while he snores at full volume. I guess I wouldn’t be so upset if that was just something that we ‘do’.  Like it’s accustom for one of us to come home and an absurd hour in lue of whatever life has thrown at us, and wake the other up because we just wanted to talk.  Maybe THEN I wouldn’t be so put out by it all. But no, that’s not the case… I do not come home after work at 2am throwing my stuff everywhere, and wake him up “just because”.  So please, excuse me for expecting the same courtesy. Well, when you think of the definition and then of Ty, you’d quickly realize the two would never cross paths. Wow...Okay, that was harsh, I take it back.  But anyway, tonight in particular… sOmEoNe is uber tired and not inclined to entertain any playful antics from me. 
“Ugh, I’m sooo tired, and the T.V. is soooo loud!”
Oh how the shoe is on the other foot.  Why is it that some people can dish it but can stand to take it? Guess I should have seen that coming a mile away though; what can I say, he’s a Virgo.  I never believed the rumors about the ill characteristics of a Virgo, until now. I’M a Virgo also and I would never stand for such erroneous allegations, but given the current circumstances, I suppose I have to agree. Nevertheless, the two of us together….two Virgos under one roof. Sheesh! God have mercy on our NERVES! I’m sure I drive him crazy, it’s only fair because Lord knows he sends me up a wall. 
Point is there is a TIME…literally, an hour for liveliness and being rowdy; and then there is a time to be hushed. That time, Hush Time, is when your partner is sleeping and has to get up in 4hours for work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment