Saturday, March 19, 2011

Home Alone!

Ty: I think I’m gona go to Byron this weekend.
Me: Ohh really?
Ty: Yeah, you work all weekend don’t you?
Me: Yep.
Ty: That sucks, wish you could go.
Me: I know…
So Ty has decided to go back to his hometown for the weekend; Byron, OH. You know, it's about a 3.5 hour drive to Northwestern Ohio, the corner of Bum-f*ck & “you got a purdy mouth”. It's a small town full of WASP where the population is 8,333; only 13% Asian (the Phomg family) and .03% “colored folk”(I’m only counting the two guys I saw walking into the local courthouse).
 “Damn. I’ve got to go to work and I just can’t get out of it.” You could probably smell the sarcasm on my breath. So now I am left home alone. If you ask me, I’ve got the stay-ca-tion of a lifetime…TWO days and ONE night of my queen size bed to myself, silence in the house, and bubble baths in peace. I’m desperately trying to hide my excitement here. I mean really, I should probably be wretched with sadness and consumed with missing him; but truth be told, I’m not. With Ty gone I don’t have to listen to complaining, stomping, or whining (yes it’s like I live with a 6yr old-and no I’m not counting his part-time son, although Pax took the trip too). I am so relieved and thoroughly enjoying the serenity of it all.
People say absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Well, lately we could use all the help we can get.  So for the next 27-30hrs, I will pig out, relax, and watch every preview on every dvd video I own (Ty normally fast forwards through them) …all while my heart gets its ‘fondness’ on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment